Terms & Conditions
AWRS Registration Number
1. Prices: the prices are marked alongside each item are inclusive of VAT. Prices also include Duty.
2. Prices are subject to alteration without prior notice.
3. Minimum Order: there is no minimum order. The minimum order for free delivery is one case or 6 bottles if only spirits are ordered. The minimum order for free delivery outside of London is two cases or 12 bottles if only spirits are ordered. If the minimum order for free delivery is not reached, we will contact you to charge a £15 standard delivery fee
4. Standard delivery terms: We will deliver up to 4 working days after your order and 2-3 working days after your orders has been marked as fulfilled. Astrum Wine Cellars Ltd will not be held responsible for delivery failures beyond our reasonable control.
5. Any indication as to when wines will be available for delivery or collection is an estimate only and is not intended to be binding.
6. Payment terms: Payment is due with order.
7. Breakages: All goods should be examined at the time of delivery. Please notify us of any discrepancies, shortages or damage within 48 hours of delivery. Damaged bottles and packaging should be kept for inspection please.
8. We do not accept liability for the condition of the wine in the bottle. With older wines it is quite normal to find that individual bottles can mature, improve, and decline in taste at different times.
9. Force Majeure: We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
10. E & OE
11. Retention of Title
11.1.1 The Goods shall be at the Buyers risk as from delivery.
11.1.2 In spite of delivery having been made, property in the Goods shall not pass from the Seller until:
11.2.1 The Buyer shall have paid the Price plus VAT in full; and
11.2.2 No other sums whatever shall be due from the buyer to the Seller.
11.3 Until property in the Goods passes to the Buyer in accordance with clause (0.2) the Buyer shall hold the Goods and each of them on a fiduciary basis as bailee for the Seller. The Buyer shall store the Goods (at no cost to the Seller) separately from all other goods in its possession and marked in such a way that they are clearly identified as the Sellers property.
11.4 Notwithstanding that the Goods (or any of them) remain the property of the Seller the Buyer may sell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of the Buyers business at full market value for the account of the Seller. Any such sale or dealing shall be a sale or use of the Sellers property by the Buyer on the Buyers own behalf and the Buyer shall deal as principal when making such sales or dealings. Until property in the Goods passes from the Seller the entire proceeds of sale or otherwise of the Goods shall be held in trust for the Seller and shall not be mixed with other money or paid into any overdrawn bank account and shall be at all material times identified as the Sellers money.
11.5 The Seller shall be entitled to recover the Price (plus VAT) notwithstanding that property in any of the Goods has not passed from the Seller.
11.6 Until such time as property in the Goods passes from the Seller, the Buyer shall upon request deliver up such if the Goods as have not ceased to be in existence or resold to the Seller. If the Buyer fails to do so the Seller may enter upon any premises owned, occupied or controlled by the Buyer where the Goods are situated and repossess the Goods. On the making of such request the rights of the buyer under clause (0.4) shall cease.
11.7 The buyer shall not pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which are the property of the Seller, if the Buyer does so all sums whatever owing by the Buyer for the Seller shall forthwith become due and payable.
11.8 The Buyer shall insure and keep insured the Goods to the full Price against ‘all risks’ to the reasonable satisfaction of the Seller until the date that property in the Goods passes from the Seller, and shall whenever requested by the Seller produce a copy of the policy insurance. Without prejudice to the other rights of the Seller, if the Buyer fails to do so all sums whatever owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall forthwith become due and payable.
11.9 The Buyer shall promptly deliver the prescribed particulars of this contract to the Registrar in accordance with the Companies Act 1985 Part XII as amended. Without prejudice to the other rights of the Seller, if the Buyer fails to do so all sums whatever owing by the Buyer to the Seller shall forthwith become due and payable.
12. Insolvency: If the customer makes any voluntary arrangement with his creditors or becomes subject to administration order or becomes bankrupt or goes into liquidation, or an encumbrancer takes possession or a receiver is appointed of any of the property or assets of the customer or the customer ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business, or Astrum Wine Cellars Ltd, reasonably apprehends that any of the above are about to happen, the invoice shall without prejudice to any rights in respect of any antecedent breach and if the goods have been delivered but not paid for the price shall immediately become due and payable.
13. Data Protection Act 1984. To comply with the Data Protection Act 1984, we are required to inform you that we have recorded your name and address on our computer for the sole purpose of sending you a catalogue and other information.
Astrum Wine Cellars Ltd
Unit 7 Falcon Business Centre
14 Wandle Way
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including Shopify Pay, credit and debit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years old.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Astrum Wine Cellars, Unit 7 Falcon Business Centre, 14 Wandle Way, Mitcham, CR4 4FG, United Kingdom